Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first Apollo moon landing at our family friendly weekend stargazing festival this July!
Located at the heart of the Northumberland International Dark Sky Park The Redesdale Arms is the perfect place to explore star-filled skies. Being away from light pollution during new moon means the skies are at their very darkest with the Milky Way easily visible arching overhead and thousands of stars to be seen with the naked eye alone. A truly stunning sight!
You’ll be spending the weekend with experienced astronomers who will take you on a tour of the constellations and locate fascinating deep space objects to observe using large aperture telescopes. There’ll be various astronomical-themed activities and presentations too…
This event takes place on Friday 6th April 2018 and Saturday 7th April 2018 with the prize including overnight bed and breakfast both of these nights for up to two people sharing one twin or one double room, a prize in total worth £240.00! All rooms are en-suite with spectacular views over the Rede Valley. You can expect the very warmest of welcomes from proprietor Carrol and her team along with great food and friendly company amongst fellow stargazers.
You can also attend this weekend stargazing event by booking via The Redesdale Arms directly. Both evenings are also open to the public at a cost of £10.00 per person for stargazing only. For more details and bookings contact The Redesdale Arms on 01830 520668.
Entry to this competition closed on 5th March 2018 @ 12:00 midday… Thank you to all of you who entered! If you’d like to attend the stargazing event you can book directly with the Redesdale Arms.
– The prize is overnight accommodation (bed and breakfast) for two nights (6th and 7th April 2018) for up to two people in either a twin or double room at the Redesdale Arms, Northumberland and includes all stargazing activities
– The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over
– all entries have been recorded in this Facebook post
– Closing date for entries is Monday 5th March at 12:00 midday
– One entry per person (duplicate entries will be removed)
– The winner will be chosen at random and announced on the Go Stargazing Facebook Page and via Facebook message within 24 hours of the competition closing
– The promoter is Go Stargazing, Darlington in association with the Redesdale Arms, Northumberland
– By participating in this prize draw entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.