Kielder Village, Kielder, Northumberland, NE48 1ER
Join experienced astronomers from the Go Stargazing team for a weekend of stargazing at the fabulous location of Kielder Campsite. This event is open to everyone no matter their level of experience and is ideal for beginners.
Telescopes will be provided along with expert guidance, you're welcome to bring your own equipment for some expert tuition and advice including cameras with tripods with which you'll be able to take stunning photographs of the Milky Way.
There will be astronomically themed talks, solar observing during the day and a bottle-rocket competition for children (both young and old!).
Contact the campsite directly to reserve a pitch with electric hook up (numbers limited)! This is a fantastic weekend family getaway -- we look forward to seeing you there!
- Event is a hosted at a dark sky location such as a remote campsite over several nights usually around a new moon when the skies are dark.
This event is being organised by Go Stargazing who should be contacted if you have any queries.
TO RESERVE SPACES ON THIS EVENT PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Visit the Kielder Campsite website (opens in new tab) where you will see full details of this event including costs.
2. Click on the large button at the bottom of the page “TO BOOK ON THE CAMPSITE DURING A SPECIFIC EVENT, CLICK HERE”
3. On the reservations screen click on any of the green squares under “Friday 18th October” which takes you to a more detailed form (it doesn't matter which square you click)
4. In the reservations form indicate the number of tent pitches / hardstanding (camper van / caravan) you require and also under “Astronomer” fees indicate how many adults and children in your group
5. Click the “Reserve” button in the right hand column to proceed to payment.
Location light pollution
Location darkness on Friday 18th October 2019
The below graphic shows if and when it will be dark at Kielder Campsite on the evening of this event. Yellow areas show when the skies are not dark due to daylight (bold yellow) and moonlight (faded yellow). Click on the image for an explanation on how darkness is determined.
Other events at Kielder Campsite
See all 2 forthcoming events at this location.