Henry Dixon Hall
Rivenhall, Witham, CM8 3HR
This month North Essex Astronomical Society will be running an open meeting for:
– Anyone needing help with a new telescope after Christmas. If the skies are clear we may be able to set it up in the overflow car-park, or if not we can show you the basics indoors.
– Advice to anyone thinking about buying a telescope – what to look for, how much to spend, etc.
– Anyone thinking about joining NEAS. Come and meet us and find out what we’re all about!
– A general astronomy Q&A session. We have many knowledgeable members willing to do their best to answer your queries.
– A table-top sale of used/unwanted items. Members, feel free to bring along any items you no longer need to see if you can find a new home for them.
– Meet and greet for new and recently joined members who may not have been to many other events.
Feel free to bring your telescope along, the session will run whatever the weather.
Anyone is welcome – beginner or expert – and there is no need to pre-book. This event is FREE to attend. Doors open at 7.30pm.
Please note that this event has already taken place on 15/01/2020
North Essex Astronomical Society is organising this event
Please contact North Essex Astronomical Society directly for more details regarding this event or, if appropriate, contact the event venue.
For full details on how to attend this event, including how to book, please see the event's official website.Visit event website
The below chart shows if and when the skies will be at their darkest during this event. Moonlight is shown in light yellow and the Sun's twilight in light blue. Midnight on the date shown is shown as a white line with sunset to the left and sunrise the next morning to the right. A black background with stars shows the best times for stargazing.
Wed 15th Jan
Local light pollution
The above demonstrates the estimated effect of light pollution - graphics created using Stellarium.