Girsby, Darlington, DL2 1PL
Join the team from Go Stargazing for this family friendly weekend festival celebrating the 50th anniversary of the first Apollo Moon landing...
On 20th July 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to land on the surface of the Moon marking perhaps mankind's greatest achievement thus far and sparking the hopes, dreams and imagination of an entire planet! We aim to re-create the awe and excitement of this momentous event whilst also inspiring the next generation of astronauts at this small, intimate but action packed event at a lovely village hall location just outside of Darlington!
- indoor planetarium screenings of "CAPCOM GO! The Apollo Story"
- experience a rocket launch or Moon landing in virtual reality
- family friendly astronomy talks, presentations, arts & crafts
- re-live the Saturn V launch and Neil Armstrong's first step with original footage from 1969!
- introduction to telescopes and telescope clinic (bring your own scope if you have one!)
- observe the Moon, Saturn and Jupiter through large telescopes with expert astronomers
- view our closest star the Sun using special solar telescopes
- see bright passes of the International Space Station
- hold a piece of the Moon!
- build your own Saturn V rocket and launch it in the rocket competition (Sunday only)
Weekend camping tickets
Overnight camping on the Friday and Saturday night is optional and available to those with weekend camping tickets only. Each weekend camping ticket includes attendance to the whole festival (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) for 2 adults and up to 3 children (5 to 16 years old, under 5's free), a vehicle pass and a pitch to accommodate 1 large tent or 2 small tents or an awning. Weekend campers can arrive from 16:00pm on the Friday afternoon and will be asked to leave the site by 16:00pm on the Sunday afternoon.
Main day tickets
It is also possible to attend the Festival on the main day only (Saturday) with the venue opening from 9:30am. Tickets can be booked in advance or purchased on the door... There will be a refreshments stall offering teas, coffees, cold drinks and ice lollies. Come along and bring a picnic or stay for the afternoon and come back for the evening!
If you have any questions please contact us via email or message us via our Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you at what will be a memorable and very enjoyable weekend!
Please be aware that due to the Coronavirus it is likely that this event has been cancelled or postponed. If you are considering attending this event please double check with the event organiser directly to confirm. If this event is indeed affected the organisers will no doubt need your support in the future -- please do consider attending an event of theirs when possible! Thank you!
PayPal is used to take payments and includes a facility to pay by debit card without needing to create a PayPal account. Upon booking you will receive an email confirmation message -- we will contact you again a week before the festival with full details including directions and a timetable of activities (please check your junk email folder if you don't hear from us!).
Bookings are closed for this event.